We care about your privacy
We are Coursery a product of Blaze Limited (hereinafter, the ”Company”, “we”, “our”, “us”), a fast, simple and effective online search engine which provides access to thousands of courses located on thousands of web pages in a single search and through a single results page, with the purpose of saving you the time it takes to carry out individualised searches on each of said web pages (hereinafter collectively and interchangeably referred to as “Coursery“, the “Portal”, the “Web Site”, the “Platform”).
We consider the privacy of people important both to the visitors to our website dailybuzz.cc and any other domains held by the Company in connection with this website, application and blog (hereinafter collectively, the “Platform“) and to any other people who may provide us with information through said website and domains, whose data are processed by the Company as part of our provision of services (hereinafter and jointly, “you” and/or the “user” or “users“).
In this regard, the Company undertakes to process your data as provided by applicable personal data protection regulations. In particular, the Company will comply with the provisions of REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46EC (hereinafter, the “General Data Protection Regulation” or “GDPR“) and any other related regulations which may be in force from time to time.
In any event, users will hold full responsibility for any information which they may provide on the Platform. Should the Company wish to use said information for purposes other than as explained above, we will inform you of said new purposes and request your consent if necessary.
The user guarantees that the information provided to the Company is truthful and up to date and undertakes to communicate any changes that may affect his/her status. Furthermore, the user guarantees that he/she has the authority necessary to communicate information belonging to third parties and that he/she has informed said third parties of the personal data processing by the Company for purposes connected to our services.
1. Who is the data controller?
Contact details of the data controller: Blaze Limited and with contact email address [email protected].
2. What are the data protection rights of the users?
The users have the following rights:
- The right to request access to their personal data: you may ask the Company if it is processing your data and, if so, gain access to said data.The right to request that said data be rectified if they are inaccurate or completed if incomplete.The right to request the erasure of their data.The right to request a limited processing of their data: in this case we will only keep your data with a view to exercising or defending any possible claims.The right to object to the processing: the Company will cease to process your personal data except for legitimate reasons and/or in order to exercise or defend any claims.The right to the portability of the data: if you wish to have your data processed by a different data controller, the Company will enable the transfer of said data to the new controller.The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on the automated processing of their personal data.
lf you have granted your consent to the processing of your data for a specific purpose, you may withdraw said consent at any time without this affecting the lawfulness of the processing performed prior to said withdrawal.
In any event, all personal data linked to the user’s account, as well as any information and/or content included in his/her profile, will be cancelled as of the time when the user exercises his/her right of erasure. Furthermore, should the user exercise his/her right of erasure in connection with data which are necessary for the Company to provide the services on the Platform, the Company will be forced to terminate its relationship with the user and shall therefore unsubscribe him/her and the user will not be entitled to file any claim whatsoever in this respect.
3. How can you file a claim before the European Data Protection Agency?
You may use the forms and models provided by the European Data Protection Agency in connection with the rights referred to above.
Claim filed before the Supervisory Authority: lf you consider that the Company is processing your data inappropriately, you may address your claim to the Company or to the relevant Supervisory Authority. In Europe, please refer to the European Data Protection Authority.
4. In what cases do we collect your personal data and what type of data do we collect?
lf you decide to provide us with your personal data, the Company will gain access to the following:
a) Personal data provided voluntarily by the user:
- Email addressGeolocation, provided that the user activates this option on his/her deviceAny personal data which the user may send directly to the Company
b) Personal data which our website collects from your computer or electronic device.
- Cookies, applicable to dailybuzz.cc and any other domains held by the Company connected with this websiteIP
5. How do we use the personal data of our users?
the Company hereby communicates to any users applicable that any personal data which they may provide and we may capture will be identified in the Register of Processing Activities held by Coursery, and may be used for the following purposes:
Your IP address will be collected and used to check the origin of your messages with a view to detecting any possible irregularities (for instance, if opposing parties of a single case write to Coursery from the same IP address).
6. Why do we process your personal data?
The Company may process your personal data on any of the following legal grounds:
(A) for legitimate commercial purposes;
(B) if it is necessary in connection with the performance of an agreement you are party to;
(C) if it is necessary so that the Company may comply with its legal and regulatory obligations; and
(D) if you have given your consent to said processing.
|LEGITIMATE COMMERCIAL | PURPOSES OF the Company
|MANAGEMENT AND PERFORMANCE OF AN AGREEMENT
|LEGAL AND REGULATORY COMPLIANCE
7. Who may gain access to your personal data?
Depending on the purpose of collection of your personal data, said information may be accessed by the following persons without distinction:
- Staff authorised by the Company or its representatives acting on behalf of Coursery, subject to applicable personal data protection law.Regulatory authorities or other third parties as provided far by applicable law.Third-party service providers which may process information as personal data processors under the instructions of the Company, upon applying any measures necessary to ensure that we may share said information under enforceable data protection law.
We shall refrain from selling or disclosing to third parties any information or personal data provided by you on our Platform which may identify you directly or indirectly, unless you have expressly authorized it through the forms authorized for this purpose.
8. Where are your personal data processed?
The Company is based in Hong Kong. The Company stores data in various locations worldwide so as to provide the fastest possible service. Regardless of the place where your personal data may be collected or processed, the Company will ensure that service providers keep all administrative, technical and physical security measures as may be appropriate to protect your information.
For more information on the use of model agreements by the Company, please contact us on [email protected].
9. How do we protect your personal data?
The Company has security measures in place to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, or inappropriately altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those who need to process that information for business reasons. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected information security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach as appropriate and in accordance with our legal obligations.
However, despite the diligent implementation of such measures, the user must know that Internet security measures are not impregnable.
10. How long will we keep your personal data?
The criteria we follow in this regard are determined by:
- The purpose of the personal data collected and compliance with said purpose.Compulsory storage times under contractual and regulatory provisions.
Please note that in some cases the Company has the obligation to retain certain personal data of the users.
Professionals working with the Company who may intervene in any way in the services provided to the user undertake not to disclose or use the information they may gain access to. In any event, any information provided by the user will be considered confidential and may not be used for purposes other than the management of the user account and/or the services engaged with the Company, if any. In this regard, we undertake not to disclose information regarding the purposes of the user, the information requested or the duration of our relationship with the user.
12. Social networks
Coursery is present in some of the main social networks on the Internet, where the Company acts as data controller in connection with personal data published by Coursery.
The Company will process personal data on each social network in accordance with the rules established by the relevant social network to such end. Therefore, except as otherwise stated, Coursery may inform its followers on each social network of its activities, events and related matters, including follower services, through the channels provided by the social network for such purpose.
The Company will not collect personal data from social networks except otherwise expressly agreed to by the user.
13. Special category of personal data
We will neither collect nor process any personal data which may be especially sensitive or included in the special category of user personal data, unless said data have been provided explicitly. Special personal data categories include information related to race/ethnicity, political opinions, religious, philosophical or similar beliefs, membership in trade unions, genetic data, biometric data used for exclusive purposes of identification of an individual, health data, sexual lite or sexual orientation.
14. Policy regarding the use of the Platform by children The Platform is not designed for or addressed to children under sixteen (16) years of age, who may not use it without an authorisation of their parents or legal guardians. In this regard, we do not collect information from persons under said age deliberately. In any event, if any parents or legal guardians believe that their children have provided us with personal data without their consent, they should let us know by writing to [email protected].
15. Direct marketing
lf, at any time, you wish to stop receiving commercial or promotional information from Coursery or third parties, you may unsubscribe from direct marketing campaigns processing of your personal data far said purposes, free of charge, by contacting us on [email protected] or by pressing the opt-out button on the subject field of the email. You may also use the opt-out procedure provided in any promotional message received from Coursery.
Please note that, even if you decide not to subscribe or if you decide to unsubscribe from receiving promotional emails or newsletters, we may need to continue contacting you in connection with important information of a non-commercial nature, such as problem solving, inactivity or lack of use, detection and prevention of errors or, in general, compliance with the Terms of Service and operational procedures of the Platform.
16. Automated decision-making
The Company integrates the content of the various classified ads websites in our Platform and directs quality traffic to their advertisements. Furthermore, we are capable of generating additional traffic by sending the right advert to the right user at the right time, through our native advertising products.
17. Links to other websites, applications or platforms
18. Amendments to and integrity of our Policy Privacy
Email: [email protected]
Last updated: Jan 3, 2021